Jumat, 11 November 2011

Car Accident Lawsuits

Learn about compensation, settlements and hiring an auto accident lawyer

Car accidents are a leading cause of unnecessary deaths and therefore the number one source of personal injury claims in the United States. In 2005, 6,087,000 cars were involved in accidents, according to a recent crash data report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This comprised 56.1 percent of all motor vehicle crashes. In that same year, fatal automobile accidents took the lives of 18,440 people, and injury accidents harmed another 1,573,000.
Accidentes de auto (texto en Español)

Many of the accidents occurred due to negligence on the part of one of the drivers involved. When a car accident is caused by another party's negligence, people who are harmed often reach settlements with the liable party which provide compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
In this article you will find information on the legal issues associated with car accidents. To obtain further information, you should contact a car accident attorney who can help evaluate your specific situation and determine your legal rights.

Car Accidents and the Law

As a legal matter, a car accident occurs when a passenger car (convertible, sedan or station wagon) is involved in an event or series of events that causes harm, such as property damage, traumatic brain injury and/or death. In 2005, 82 percent of car crashes involved a collision with another motor vehicle and the other 18 percent involved collisions with stationary objects and other non-motorized objects, according to the NHTSA. Most of these motor vehicle accidents involved an element of negligence, corresponding with a traffic law violation.


Posting Komentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More